Friday, September 14, 2012

Adventures in China

Greetings from China!

So far, my experience at SIAS International University has proven to be better than I had hoped for.  I am amazed with the campus, the relationships being built, and the fun to be had.

Using Chopsticks To Eat Popcorn Was A First!

Each week, I teach Oral English to about 200 students (imagine learning their names!).  The classroom experience is very enjoyable, relaxed, and personal.  The students are bright, helpful, and incredibly considerate.  I enjoy getting to know each of them and they are excited to get to know me.  And the campus!  If I had to describe this campus, I would compare it to a small town... of 25,000 people.  There are restaurants, grocery stores, shops, a pool, a gym, a track, a driving range for golfers, a hospital, and more.  And since it's an International University, they represent different places from around the world all throughout the campus (i.e., Russian Square, European Street, Italian Square, etc.).  It adds a unique element to everyday life as you explore.

    

One of my favorite things so far is taking scooters out into the city.  I've done so every week!  It's so much fun and costs about $0.50 per ride.  We also go bicycling and take strolls through all the little markets and such.  The food is delicious and the drinks are incredible - there are so many varieties of both!  I've gotten into playing volleyball, ultimate frisbee, and ping-pong every week.  And I will soon start playing basketball and tennis, as there are so many courts on campus.


Beyond all of this, there is still more to do!  There are parks to explore, games to play, and people to meet.  We also like to ride the bumpers cars; however, they are very rough and it actually kind of hurts, sometimes!


But anyway, this is just a quick update on how I'm doing in China!  I hope all is well with you and feel free to update me on your life as well.

Still venturing into foreign lands...

It's nice to see the American Flag sometimes

Four Years Later...


0 comments:

Post a Comment