Saturday, November 19, 2016

When This Hand Writes: If The World Ends Tomorrow

On this page, I will explore creative writing through poetry

What We Crave
Every Last Coal
If The World Ends Tomorrow
The Shampoo Conspiracy


W H A T  W E  C R A V E

We crave for what we do not have
Gold, adventure, strangers in masks

With all our lusting, we’ve lost sight
Of what’s before us, shining bright

One man’s hunger watered his mouth
Led him into the deepest South

Will we return or venture forth?
Your kingdom awaits, just up North


E V E R Y  L A S T  C O A L

My anger comes and then it goes
The longings of my soul it knows
Once it secured itself to me
I lost myself; I fell asleep

This happened, oh, some great time ago
And I welcomed it, I said, “Hello”
I could be deaf or something much worse
For when it speaks, there comes such a curse

And then my world turns upside down
All that I love cannot be found
Yes, maybe deaf or even dumb
I built it a home filled with crumbs

I’m desperate to severe it from my soul
All of it, completely... every last coal
And should it leave scars, that’ll be just fine
At least then I’ll be rid of the foul swine!

If I fail to never see what it truly is
I may just forget that I had seen the abyss
It had taken me there once and told me some lies
And I believed what it said, to my sad surprise

But not any longer, it stops today!
For I cannot afford to walk that way
One thing is sure: I’m destined to be free!
From anger’s lies, both to and about me


I F  T H E  W O R L D  E N D S  T O M O R R O W

If the world ends tomorrow
Will you have done all you could?
Will you have said all you should?
Will you have loved?

If the world ends tomorrow
What will have been your history?
Will you have discovered the mystery?
Will your passion be intact?

If the world ends tomorrow
Will it all have been worth it?
Will your time have had its moments?
Will your memories be noble?

If the world ends tomorrow
What will you leave behind?
Will you seek to press rewind?
Will you be fulfilled?

If the world ends tomorrow
What if another awaits?
What if there’s more at stake?
Will you be surprised?

If the world does not end tomorrow
Does that mean it never will?
Should we go on living merrily, still?
The answer is no


T H E  S H A M P O O  C O N S P I R A C Y

I don’t quite understand this game
Of shampoo and conditioner, and then more of the same

Put the poo in your hair and then let it abound
It should cover all, not just your crown!

Some buy all sorts treatments and cures
But isn’t it funny that they never endure?

And if that’s you, something may be wrong
I’m as clean as a whistle and have been all along

But all I do is use shampoo
A little here, a little there and I’m just like new

So instead of these words, maybe I’ll sell this stuff
That’s what they do and you never have enough!

<Poetry (d.)   
 Poetry (f.)>

Copyright © 2016 Wrightings and more. All rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment